RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Cynical Girl: F@%k It Friday: Christmas Cookies

The Cynical Girl: F@%k It Friday: Christmas Cookies

Link to The Cynical Girl

F@%k It Friday: Christmas Cookies

Posted: 16 Dec 2011 03:45 AM PST

I don’t have any major Christmas traditions but I do bake snickerdoodles.

The first time I had a one of those delicious sugar cookies was Christmas 1991. My boyfriend’s mother made them…

…and I had about 100.

Here’s the recipe. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind that I shared it!

What kind of cookies do you make?

***

“Oma’s Snickerdoodles”

Sift together and set aside:

  • 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt

In a large bowl, beat together until light and fluffy with an electric mixer:

  • 1 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco)
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • Add 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Stir in flour mixture slowly.

Combine but keep separate:

  • 2 Tablespoons sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Roll dough between palms of hands, one tablespoon at a time into round balls [about an inch).

Roll each ball in sugar mixture.

Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.

Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes until lightly browned. {Do not overbake.]

Remove from pan to cool.

Makes 4 dozen cookies.

*

PS – Do you like eggnog? I hate it — but here’s a recipe from my colleague, Justin.

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika