RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Friday, September 14, 2012

The Cynical Girl: Persistent Job Seeker Seeks Dream Job

The Cynical Girl: Persistent Job Seeker Seeks Dream Job

Link to The Cynical Girl

Persistent Job Seeker Seeks Dream Job

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 03:45 AM PDT

Question from a reader.

I was wondering if you would be able to give me a bit of advice on how to navigate a job interview/follow up situation I am in. I have been applying to jobs back home all summer, and have had a couple of interviews that seem promising. One of them is for my dream job. I have had one interview with the recruiter over the phone, and we’ve followed up a couple times via e-mail. The last message she sent me said she had passed on my information to the hiring manager, they are still conducting interviews but the hiring manager is interested in meeting me. I’m not sure if she means to meet me in person, and whether they would fly me out for a second interview, or whether it would be over the phone. Either way, I was wondering what advice you had for me at this stage of the interview process? I am extremely confident that I would be a great pick for this position. I fit all of the qualifications and I have a lot of respect and admiration for the company. Are there any “seal the deal” tactics at this stage of the hiring process? Is there anything I can do to prepare and make the best impression?

There are no “seal the deal” tactics in life, let alone recruiting.

Send a weekly email to the recruiter. Stay in touch. Find a way to network with someone who knows someone who knows someone. And don’t come across like a stalker.

That’s about the best you can do.

Sometimes employers go dark. Sometimes they fill the position and forget to tell candidates. And sometimes your dream job is someone else’s dream job and they are younger, faster and sharper.

The good thing about dreams? They can change. Keep in touch with the recruiter but don’t be pushy. And in the meanwhile, go find another dream job.

There’s more than one.

And may the odds be ever in your favor!

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika