RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Monday, April 15, 2013

The Cynical Girl: The Week Ahead: April 14, 2013

The Cynical Girl: The Week Ahead: April 14, 2013

Link to The Cynical Girl

The Week Ahead: April 14, 2013

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 03:45 AM PDT

The Critic SeesHello from Raleigh. I actually have a ton of meetings, this week. The business of being LFR catches up with me. Every once in awhile, I have to travel and do real work.

My writing suffers for it.

As you know, I failed to write my novel on feminism, coal miners and abortion set in 1960s Appalachia. I failed to finish my book of short stories that highlight love, alcoholism and political unrest in Prague. I killed my screenplay about a Chief Marine Veterinarian at an aquarium. I never wrote a book called 100 Essential Modern Poems About Work. I wanted to write a sweet little novella about a 40-year-old woman who is starting over. I got the idea to copy the song New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down and turn it into HR, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down. I was going to write a playscript based on the life of Joan Jonas. I thought about starting a TV pilot called Compliance. It was about love and secrets in the modern corporation. I started working on a Kindle Single called, "Don't Touch the Duvet: The Life and Travels of Laurie Ruettimann."

That last one is going well, actually, but now I’m obsessed with funding a research report to determine whether or not frequent flier programs have an adverse impact” on members of a minority group. If they do, which I suspect is true, what can we do so we stop sending certain segments of our population to the back of the bus?

I’m really thinking about this a lot.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. If you’re headed to one of the many HR conferences, this week, make good choices.

Day Off: Recovery

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 03:45 AM PDT

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika