RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Cynical Girl: Monday Morning HR Humor: SHRM13 GIFs

The Cynical Girl: Monday Morning HR Humor: SHRM13 GIFs

Link to The Cynical Girl

Monday Morning HR Humor: SHRM13 GIFs

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 03:45 AM PDT

Many of my HR colleagues are excited to attend SHRM, next week. They are oozing all over social networking sites about it.

And it looks like this.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10375-1368221381-0

shrmgif2

shrmgif

I always feel bad for HR nerds who actually want to attend SHRM but can’t afford it.

So let me assure you that the social networking sites paint a better picture than actually sitting in a conference room and listening to sessions called ICE-ing the I-9 Audit Process or How and When to Use Restrictive Covenant and Trade Secret Laws to Protect Your Company.

Jesus, people. It is a just Human Resources conference. Let’s get ahold of ourselves.

But go enjoy these celebratory gifs, anyway!

The Week Ahead: June 9, 2013

Posted: 09 Jun 2013 03:45 AM PDT

Mike VanDervortHello, everyone. Happy Sunday. This past week, I was able to attend a conference and talk about social media. Blah blah blah.

More importantly, I was able to attend and reconnect with friends. That’s all that really matters to me, anyway. Seeing people I love.

This is my good buddy Mike VanDerVort. Mike has a big heart and knows more about labor relations than most lawyers in this field. And he is one of the first people I met after I left my job at Pfizer. It was great to hang out with him.

So this week I’ll be getting ready for the annual trek to the biggest HR conference of the year: SHRM. Beyond hanging with friends, I am speaking to HR students because the best way to change my profession is to influence future nerds. I want to talk to them about how Syria, Turkey and possibly Fight for 15 relate to their new careers.

We’ll see if that happens.

And I am not writing, by the way. At all. That probably needs to change.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika