RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ten Days to a Happier, Successful Career and Life: Day Six: Promote Your Personal Development

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


Day Six: Promote Your Personal Development
Susan M. Heathfield
From Susan M. Heathfield, your Guide to Human Resources


Your personal and career growth and development are paramount if you want to continue all of your life to experience joy in work and life. Make this the day you spend taking a look at the person you are and the person you want to be. Growing your skills and abilities is a life-long task; it's part of the ten day program because continued growth is what enables you to set and achieve ever more stretching goals. Your continued development as a person fuels the accomplishment of your purpose.

When I was in my mid-thirties, I was bored and unhappy running a community college extension center and an adult education program. I had stopped growing and the school cycle was the same each year. So, I located a book that had exercises designed to help me think about my career and future. And, yes, I did the exercises. Yes, for the first time in my life, I actually did the exercises rather than just reading the chapters. I discovered what I liked, what I did best, and where I wanted to go. Life has never been the same since. Every day is a growing experience.

Continue on the Ten Days to a Happier, More Successful Career and Life journey.

Day Six
Promote Your Personal Development Every Day
Do something every single day that will help you to continue to develop as a person and in your career as a professional.


Extra Resource
Training and Development for Employee Motivation
One key factor in employee motivation and retention is the opportunity employees want to continue to grow and develop job and career enhancing skills. In fact, this opportunity to continue to grow and develop through training and development is one of the most important factors in employee motivation.


This email is written by:
Susan M. Heathfield
Human Resources Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Missing a lesson? Click here.

About U. is our collection of free online courses designed to help you learn a new skill, solve a problem, get something done, or just learn more about your world. Sign up now, and we will email you lessons on a daily or weekly basis.
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to the About.com 'Ten Days to a Happier, Successful Career and Life' email. If you wish to unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika