RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Friday, December 9, 2011

The Cynical Girl: The Resume Isn’t Going Anywhere

The Cynical Girl: The Resume Isn’t Going Anywhere

Link to The Cynical Girl

The Resume Isn’t Going Anywhere

Posted: 08 Dec 2011 03:45 AM PST

Lots of people talk about the death of the resume.

LinkedIn, Facebook, BranchOut, and BeKnown will change everything! You just need to know people and have a social graph in order to get a job!

Yeah, uh, no. That’s not even true on LinkedIn itself where I saw an advertisement to apply for a job as a Human Resources business partner with LinkedIn.

I thought — sweet, I hated being a Human Resources Generalist and it probably doesn’t pay as much as my job, but I’ll take a look.

And sure enough, the posting required me to attach my resume.

Are you kidding me? Isn’t this site one ginormous resume? Is the system down? Did someone break LinkedIn?

No, LinkedIn isn’t broken. That’s just life. And if LinkedIn still requires you to have a resume, you will need one for your chumpy job search with a regular company.

Sorry, dudes. Resumes aren’t going away just yet.

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika