RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Cynical Girl: Thankful for Love

The Cynical Girl: Thankful for Love

Link to The Cynical Girl

Thankful for Love

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 03:45 AM PST

Today? I am thankful for love.

Not the kind of hormonal, euphoric love that hits the brain and causes adults to do weird and unfortunate things. I am not describing the kind of love that makes people express their innermost dreams and feelings with honesty.

Fuck that.

I am thankful for the ordinary and constant love of my family, my friends and my husband. Steady and undramatic love that isn’t a roller coaster and doesn’t suck the life out of the room. Calm love that can only be described as good and normal.

I take it for granted. I assume I’ll never be without it. I am lazy with it. And I’m thankful that I can be so selfish and lazy with love. That’s a luxury that I haven’t always had in my life. That’s a luxury some people will never have.

I have so much love in my life from so many people. I’ll never be able to reciprocate it. I cannot properly express my gratitude. I don’t deserve it.

I am thankful for it. Truly.

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika