RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Cynical Girl: Monday Morning HR Humor: Exercise With Your Cats!

The Cynical Girl: Monday Morning HR Humor: Exercise With Your Cats!

Link to The Cynical Girl

Monday Morning HR Humor: Exercise With Your Cats!

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 03:45 AM PDT

I’m gonna need more kittens.

The Week Ahead: April 28, 2013

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 03:45 AM PDT

michael-jackson-thriller-30th-anniversary-epicEvery week, I tell you about a failed writing project. Now that the Gosnell trial has heated up, I’m getting strange email messages about my failed novel on feminism, coal miners and abortion set in 1960s Appalachia.

I don’t know why people write to bloggers, especially about abortion. It reminds me of when I was eight and I wrote a fan letter to Michael Jackson and told him how much I hated living with my grandmother.

I really did. And I thought Michael Jackson would understand and come visit my school.

So when I get get these weird notes, I have to dig deep to find a droplet of empathy. But I’ll tell you this much: I don’t care about your POV on abortion. Really. And the Gosnell case doesn’t happen if we respect women and treat abortion like a medical procedure that should take place at licensed, safe facility.

(And don’t even get me started about the link between reproductive freedom and equal pay for equal work.)

So I won’t be writing about failed novels, anymore, because it’s no fun. Leave it to people to ruin a good time. I will tell you that I really hated this post called Show Your Ink: You Have to Be Real but the comments cracked me up. Go check it out.

Have a great week, everyone!

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika