RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Monday, April 18, 2011

Ten Days to a Happier, Successful Career and Life: Day Four: Chart Your Course

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com


Day Four: Chart Your Course
Susan M. Heathfield
From Susan M. Heathfield, your Guide to Human Resources

During the past three days, you have taken responsibility for your life. You are fully aware of the power of your thinking mind. You've established your purpose and you've set some big goals. You are dreaming about what you can accomplish, achieve, and contribute. All of a sudden you wonder, what do I do now to make all of this a reality? It's time to chart your path. How will you accomplish these big goals you are developing for yourself?

My first experience of setting big goals was many years ago. I was making about $35,000 a year in a job. I listened to a Brian Tracy tape series about the power of creating success and achievement. He said to write down my most important goals, that the mere fact of writing them down gave the goals a power they would not otherwise have. In response, I wrote down several goals. I wanted to make $45,000 a year. I wanted to be a published writer. And, I wanted to start my own business. I tossed the index card into my desk drawer and forgot all about it.

Years later, when my husband and I were moving, I found the card. Guess what? I had exceeded my written goals and dreams. The memory makes me smile. Is goal achievement that easy all of the time? No, but writing down the goals is one of the first steps. In Day Four of the Ten Days to a Happier, More Successful Career and Life, you will learn the six steps you must take to make your dreams and purpose a reality. No little goals, right?

Continue on the Ten Days to a Happier, More Successful Career and Life journey.

Day Four
Chart Your Course
Don't let your goals and resolutions fall by the wayside. Chances are that to achieve your dreams and live a life you love, those goals and resolutions are crucial. Goal setting and goal achievement are easier if you follow these six steps for effective and successful goal setting and resolution accomplishment.


Extra Resource
Beyond Traditional SMART Goals
Once upon a time, in a business management world that seems more remote with every passing day, SMART goals (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-based goals) were enough to support business success. No more.


This email is written by:
Susan M. Heathfield
Human Resources Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Missing a lesson? Click here.

About U. is our collection of free online courses designed to help you learn a new skill, solve a problem, get something done, or just learn more about your world. Sign up now, and we will email you lessons on a daily or weekly basis.
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to the About.com 'Ten Days to a Happier, Successful Career and Life' email. If you wish to unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika