RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dear Prudence: The Monotony of Monogamy

Slate Magazine
Now playing: Slate V, a video-only site from the world's leading online magazine. Visit Slate V at www.slatev.com.
Dear Prudence
The Monotony of Monogamy
I married my first sexual partner, and now I'm itching to cheat.
By Emily Yoffe
Posted Thursday, Nov 03, 2011, at 11:14 AM ET

Get Dear Prudence delivered to your inbox each week; click here to sign up. Please send your questions for publication to prudence@slate.com. (Questions may be edited.)

Got a burning question for Prudie? She'll be online at Washingtonpost.com to chat with readers each Monday at 1 p.m. Submit your questions and comments here before or during the live discussion.

Dear Prudence,
My wife and I have been together since high school, 17 years ago, and married for nine years. We are each other's only sexual partner. We both went through our own "seven-year itch," but nothing came of it, we were never unfaithful, and we stayed committed to each other. Now I find myself often wondering what it's like to be with another woman. I have constant sexual fantasies about other women—it feels like my sexual hormones are at full throttle. I sometimes convince myself that it would be OK to have an affair. Then I realize my wife and I have something very special, and I put my sexual thoughts aside until they come up again. I haven't taken any action, but I just don't know what to do.

—Longing

Dear Longing,
Your letter makes me wonder if Romeo and Juliet had been able to run off and get married whether he (or she) would be writing a similar letter 17 years later. You two do have something very special. And if everyone were like both of you, there would ...

To continue reading, click here.

Join the Fray: our reader discussion forum
What did you think of this article?
POST A MESSAGE | READ MESSAGES

Also In Slate

The Three Reasons Republicans Are Fervently Defending Herman Cain


Bank of America Learns It Must Be More Subtle About Screwing Its Customers


Ruth Madoff's Nationwide Sympathy Tour: Does Anyone Feel Bad for Her?

Advertisement


Manage your newsletters subscription: Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Advertising Information


Ideas on how to make something better? Send an e-mail to slatenewsletter@nl.slate.com.

Copyright 2011 The Slate Group | Privacy Policy
The Slate Group | c/o E-mail Customer Care | 1350 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 410 | Washington, D.C. 20036


No comments:

Yashi

Chitika