RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Saturday, December 31, 2011

About Human Resources: Ring in Your Happiest, Most Successful New Year

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Human Resources

Employ People

Manage People

Succeed at Work



From Susan M. Heathfield, your Guide to Human Resources

Vol. 12 No. 169 - ISSN: 1533-3698 December 31, 2011

Dear People:

This is the most difficult note that I write each year. Because this is the last day of the year, I'd like to say something interesting, profound and memorable. Yet, the truth is, if I haven't accomplished that already this year, on some level with you, how would I expect to start today? So, I'll simply extend my gratitude to you for reading my HR site. Without you, my efforts to contribute to forward thinking HR, management, and employer practices would be for naught. So, a grateful toast to you today, my readers... for joy in the New Year.

Earlier in my consulting career, I was frustrated by my inability to reach more people who wanted to explore new ways to work with others in workplaces. This site at About.com has provided me with the outreach ability that I sought, to both share with you and learn from you. I hope that my work, and our interaction, bring you great value. They do me. I'll share with you also today several of the principles in which I believe and that form the foundation for the content on the site. Read more...

Do you know that I write a new blog post every day? Check out the blog in the center column on my home page.

Comments, questions, suggestions? Email Me.

Please forward this newsletter, in its entirety, to your colleagues, coworkers and friends, because you want to add value to their work and lives.

Regards and wishing you and yours the best this New Year's weekend,

Susan


Ring in Your Happiest, Most Successful New Year

Looking for advice and help to make this New Year your best year - ever? There is something about a new year - a new beginning - so new goals and resolutions, new plans, new dreams and new directions fuel your thoughts. Whether your New Year's challenge is a new job, an improved career, setting and fulfilling your business goals, getting your finances in order, or transforming your job or work, these ideas will help.


Your Top 10 Favorites From 2011

Are you interested in what others are reading on this Human Resources site? Thanks to the magic of online stats, I pretty much know when an article is a hit or a bomb with readers. Here's my annual roundup of the resources most frequently read on my site. Celebrate the end of 2011. Enjoy.


Set No Little Goals

My first experience of setting big goals was many years ago. I was making about $35,000 a year in a job in education. I listened to a Brian Tracy tape series about the power of creating success and achievement. He said to write down my most important goals, that the mere fact of writing them down gave the goals a power they would not otherwise have. In response, I wrote down several goals. Then, this is what happened...


Are Your Paid Holidays Competitive?

Scheduling for holidays when many employees use paid vacation time or PTO is a challenge for most employers. So many people are off work that, even the employees who want to work, are challenged to have the team members they need to make progress. I've put together several new resources that you may find valuable. Here are typical paid holidays and what an employer needs to know about a floating holiday. Find out more...


 


Human Resources Ads
Featured Articles
Human Resources Management Basics: What You Need to Know
Promote Your Growth and Motivation
Put Keywords in Your Resume for Online Applications?
Tap Into the Power of Mentoring
20 Ways to Tell Your Employees That You Care
Goals Must Rock Your Soul

 

More from About.com

Living with Depression
By obtaining the correct medical intervention and learning better coping skills, you can not only live with depression, but live well. More>



9 Symptoms of Depression
If you have experienced five or more of these symptoms within the same two week period, this could be indicative of an episode of depression. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Susan M. Heathfield
Human Resources Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Human Resources newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 


Must Reads
Human Resources Basics, Careers, Jobs
Free Human Resources Policies, Samples
Human Resources: Job Interview Tips
Human Resources Job Descriptions
Top 10 Human Resources Tough Questions

Advertisement

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika