RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Cynical Girl: F@%k It Friday: Friendship

The Cynical Girl: F@%k It Friday: Friendship

Link to The Cynical Girl

F@%k It Friday: Friendship

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 03:45 AM PDT

I am lucky to have awesome friends in my life.

My bestie’s name is ALo. We have known one another since 1988. And you may know about my friendships with ImSoSarah, CincyRecruiter, and JDV (aka Voigt). I also have great friendships with luminaries such as Colsblog and MegRains.

All great women.

And for the record, I am not a great friend. I am there via text. I am there for a solid 48 hours where we can drink and have a good time. If you need a check, I’ll write it. If you need a party planned, I’m on the phone with the caterer. If you need ice cream, I’m standing in line with you at Ben & Jerry’s. And if you need a kidney, you can have it. It’s yours. I am a loyal friend, I try to be a good listener, but I am flawed. Don’t ask me to talk about my feelings or make too much of an emotional connection with you. And I can’t really talk on the phone all that much.

I wonder — who is your best friend? What qualities do you think makes a good friend? And are you a good friend to people?

I’m lucky to count some pretty fabulous and generous women in my life as friends. I hope I don’t mess that up.

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika