RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Cynical Girl: Strategic HR Discussions: Who Gets the Dog Out?

The Cynical Girl: Strategic HR Discussions: Who Gets the Dog Out?

Link to The Cynical Girl

Strategic HR Discussions: Who Gets the Dog Out?

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 03:45 AM PST

I spent 4Q12 and the past few weeks of 1Q13 doing something sorta fun: getting out to see HR executives for no other reason that to establish relationships or hear briefings.

I have so much to learn.

  • I heard that the Ulrich model is alive.
  • Shockingly, I heard that it’s also dead.
  • I learned that HR is really only an outcome.
  • Human Capital Management is the true science and art of managing people.

Jesus. Okay, I lied. It is not fun. It’s so boring. Thank god I can see friends while I travel.

To spice things up, I have a new question that I just started asking HR leaders.

“When a stray dog enters the office building, who gets it out?”

dog

[I won't identify the actual HR leader who wrote this, but he can identify himself if he wants credit for this gem.]

 

If a dog walks into your building, what happens? Who takes responsibility for the dog? Who gets the dog out?

I’ll tell you something:

  • The answers from the CHROs have been very enlightening.

More on THAT in the comments section. I want to know what you think.

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika