RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Cynical Girl: Why My Christmas Cookies Are Being Shipped Via The USPS

The Cynical Girl: Why My Christmas Cookies Are Being Shipped Via The USPS

Link to The Cynical Girl

Why My Christmas Cookies Are Being Shipped Via The USPS

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 03:45 AM PST

Gingersnaps

I love getting good mail. Most of my bills are delivered electronically but I love postcards, notes, and fun little packages from my girlfriends. I hate junk mail but I love good catalogs.

This year, I’m shipping all of my holiday gifts and Christmas cookies via the United States Postal Service. I don’t have any skin in the game. No family members who are part of the postal union. Nobody I know is losing a job. I just think the USPS is so much better than private companies like UPS and FedEx. Here’s why.

  1. The online USPS shipping forms are easier. Full stop. This is the #1 thing that matters to me.
  2. It’s cheaper to ship to rural areas via the post office. Most of my family has moved outside of the gentrified city and into rural areas. Private shipping companies charge an extra fee to drive to those communities. Sucks.
  3. There are 24-hour public drop off locations for packages. My local UPS store is closed on Sunday and doesn’t offer any sort of public lobby or kiosk. That’s useless to me.
  4. I love the USPS flat rate boxes. No surprises. I recently went to send my mom a box via Fed Ex and they quoted me $121.00 for a box that costs $14.95 to ship via the post office.
  5. The APC machines are awesome. No crabby employees.
  6. The employees make a living wage. I feel badly for the UPS and FedEx employees who’ve been subject to pay freezes and a reduction in hours.
  7. Guaranteed shipping by Christmas is cheaper. Really, that’s all that matters.

My cookies are coming to you via USPS, this year. I hope you enjoy them!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika