RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Cynical Girl: I’m Running Up The Empire State Building So Please Donate to MMRF

The Cynical Girl: I’m Running Up The Empire State Building So Please Donate to MMRF

Link to The Cynical Girl

I’m Running Up The Empire State Building So Please Donate to MMRF

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 03:45 AM PST

I come to you 1x each year and ask for a donation. This year, I’m asking for a donation to support MMRF.

Multiple myeloma is cancer of the plasma cells in bone marrow. (Geraldine Ferraro died of the illness.) MMRF pursues innovative means that accelerate the development of next-generation multiple myeloma treatments to extend the lives of patients and lead to a cure.

I am not just asking for your cash. I am willing to earn your donation by running up the Empire State Building with my bestie Cols. We are using the hashtag #empirestrikesblond for our campaign.

Now listen, I am taking liberty with the word run. I am committing to 60 steps/minute and there are 1,576 steps. I’m not good at math and I am short. My inseam in 26.5″ and I have some chubby thighs. My goal is to finish under 30 minutes. The slowest person in 2011 finished in 41 minutes.

It’s about finishing. I will earn your donation.

I feel very lucky in life. I have no major health issues. I have no chronic or debilitating diseases. I’m not tremendously fit but I am lucky to have a chance to do this and raise awareness for a very serious disease. How can I say no to MMRF?

More importantly, how can you say no to me?

You can’t.

Please donate.

If you don’t want your name on the list because people hit you up for donations constantly, you can be anonymous.

Just donate.

I will make you proud and you will cure cancer.

You will, champ. You can do it. [Insert Sarah McLachlan song here.]

Wish me luck — regardless of whether or not you make a donation.

But donate here if you can.

Thank you!

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika