RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Cynical Girl: Everything is Negotiable at Work

The Cynical Girl: Everything is Negotiable at Work

Link to The Cynical Girl

Everything is Negotiable at Work

Posted: 06 Jun 2012 03:45 AM PDT

creepy iPhone photo

Everything is negotiable at work.

Most of life is negotiable. See that sweater? It’s okay. Not my absolute favorite — but I was chilly and needed something to wear while traveling. So I asked for a discount.

The store manager said, “I’ll give you 20% off but you can’t return it.”

Joke’s on you, sucker. I don’t even live in your country.

Knowing that everything is negotiable doesn’t mean you should ask to negotiate. I know some of you are creationists; however, evolution and natural selection should have taught you that it’s best to observe a situation, prepare your case and use discretion to avoid failure.

If you think you can win and it is worth the risk, go ahead and try to negotiate. If you are in a position of weakness or too afraid to ask, you’ve already lost.

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika