RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Cynical Girl: The Week Ahead

The Cynical Girl: The Week Ahead

Link to The Cynical Girl

The Week Ahead

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 03:45 AM PDT

Hello, everyone. Happy Sunday. I skipped my high school reunion and I am in Texas for a wedding. Ken is with me. No, hell hasn’t frozen over. We are being social and supportive of my colleague, Lizzie, who is marrying a nice guy.

Wait, maybe hell has frozen over.

OH SO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I AM WEARING TO A SUNDAY NIGHT WEDDING IN 100 DEGREE HEAT?

Thank you for asking. I am wearing a Ralph Lauren brown faux wrap paisley jersey dress. I brought my Donald J Pliner shoes that I wore to ERE Spring 2010 (remember those, Carmen?) and I also brought my brown Frye boots because, dafuq, you can totally wear boots in August.

I’ll be tweeting and Instagramming photos.

Apart from the wedding, I will look like a hobo all weekend long.

This week I’ll be writing about Paul Ryan and the armpit of America that is Janesville, WI.

  • It’s the kind of place that makes Sheboygan look upscale.
  • Janesville is where you aspire to move when you think that Beloit is just a little too urban.
  • You live in Janesville because you can’t quite cut it in Oconomowoc.

Yes, I can do this Wisconsin shit-talking all day.

 

 

 

What’s up with you and your week? Anything new?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika