RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Monday, April 8, 2013

The Cynical Girl: The Week Ahead: April 7, 2013

The Cynical Girl: The Week Ahead: April 7, 2013

Link to The Cynical Girl

The Week Ahead: April 7, 2013

Posted: 07 Apr 2013 03:45 AM PDT

Gerhard-Richter-Kl.-Badende-1996-27-45-©-Gerhard-Richter-2011-Foto-Olbricht-Collection-Jana-EbertHello from Baton Rouge. I am on my way to the 2013 Louisiana SHRM Conference on Human Resources. No, I am not speaking. I’m watching. I have been blessed with the opportunity to consult with HR/HCM conference organizers and vendors who are looking for new speakers and writers. I am asked for my opinion on the talent pipeline.

So when Robin Schooling asked me if I wanted to come to LASHRM13, I said yes. For the record, I have been going to this conference since 2010. I never regret my time spent with Robin and the amazing volunteer team. And I know that if the speakers and bloggers don’t play in Louisiana, they don’t play nationally.

So I am in Baton Rouge to listen and learn. And judge. And hang out with friends. But I’m going to continue my effort to be a writer.

  • As you know, I failed to write my novel on feminism, coal miners and abortion set in 1960s Appalachia.
  • I failed to finish my book of short stories that highlight love, alcoholism and political unrest in Prague.
  • I killed my screenplay about a Chief Marine Veterinarian at an aquarium.
  • I never wrote a book called 100 Essential Modern Poems About Work.
  • I wanted to write a sweet little novella about a 40-year-old woman who is starting over.
  • I got the idea to copy the song New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down and turn it into HR, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down.
  • I was going to write a playscript based on the life of Joan Jonas.
  • I thought about starting a TV pilot called Compliance. It was about love and secrets in the modern corporation.

None of this has panned out.

So this week I’ll be working on a Kindle Single called, “Don’t Touch the Duvet: The Life and Travels of Laurie Ruettimann.”

Hope you have a great week!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika