RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Cynical Girl: Thankful for Health

The Cynical Girl: Thankful for Health

Link to The Cynical Girl

Thankful for Health

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 03:45 AM PST

Lots of people say, “When you have your health, you have everything.”

They are all copying someone else when they say it. But it’s true.

I am thankful that I am mobile. I am thankful that, when my face itches, I can scratch it. I am thankful that I have all of my limbs. I haven’t suffered traumatic brain injury. I don’t have cancer or multiple myeloma or even multiple sclerosis. I can bend over and touch my toes. I can do a pull up. I don’t need catheters or diabetic testing kits like I see on TV.

The fact that I can see a TV is a blessing, too.

When you work in HR, you see some people who are faking illnesses — but you actually see a ton of people who struggle with real issues related to their bodies. Stuff stops working. Internal wires get crossed. Vital organs shut down. It’s tough to watch.

What can you do for those who have the misfortune of struggling to maintain good health? Not much, actually. You can just offer your love and support.

So my continued good health means everything to me. I am thankful and I don’t mess around with it. I try to eat right, exercise and stay away from too much lead paint.

And when I die, I just want to get hit by a bus. Make it quick.

I’ll be thankful for that, too.

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika