No matter how carefully you plan your goals they will never be more that pipe dreams unless you pursue them with gusto.
--- W. Clement Stone
Good morning! It's a sunny, cold day in New York. Here's the tech news you need to know today.
1. Apple CEO Tim Cook gave a speech yesterday at a Goldman Sachs conference. He talked about the Apple Watch, Apple's presence in China, and diversity in tech.
2. Apple is spending $850 million on a giant solar farm south of San Francisco. It's going to power Apple's new campus in Cupertino.
3. Android sales are in decline for the first time ever. The number of Android shipments dropped in Q4.
4. Apple is raising $1 billion through a Swiss bond sale. It's going to use the money for share buybacks and paying out dividends.
5. Google will hold its I/O event on May 28/29. That's when Google reveals new products and software.
6. A key Google executive has left to join the National Institute of Health. Udi Manber was a big part of Google Search.
7. Twitter CFO Anthony Noto had his Twitter account hacked. He has previously sent multiple private messages out as public tweets by accident.
8. Apple is cracking down on accessory makers who design products using leaked information. They're being forced to sign new contracts.
9. Facebook has launched new support for groups where people sell items. A new "Sell" option lets people enter in important information for items.
10. SpaceX is going to attempt another rocket launch today. It tried to launch the satellite on Sunday and Monday but called off both launches.
Post a Comment