RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Monday, March 19, 2012

The Cynical Girl: The Week Ahead

The Cynical Girl: The Week Ahead

Link to The Cynical Girl

The Week Ahead

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 03:45 AM PDT

Erin HannonHey, everyone. Happy Sunday. I am feeling awesome. I had six whole days at home. That’s a luxury. I’m starting to look like myself. Getting back to exercising. Eating ice cream regularly. It’s pretty awesome.

I caught up on TV, too. I watched Community and was totally disappointed by last week’s episode. That show had such potential after Jeff and Annie’s kiss. They had an opportunity to do something interesting and different with that show. Now? The characters are all caricatures of themselves. It bugs me but I’m still watching. When that show is great, it’s great.

I also caught last week’s Office. I have to say that I’m one of the few people who likes the pivot towards an ensemble cast. That pivot is going away. Boo. For the first time in the show’s history, it feels like people work in an office. Revolutionary, I know. Now that Steve Carrell is gone, I feel like the writing and acting are stronger. Characters are real.

Case in point? Andy faced rejection and wasn’t a drama queen about it. He looked down at his shoes and then told Erin, “I’m sorry we never loved one another at the same time.”

Perfect. Healthy. Normal. It was so heartbreakingly honest and simple. Probably the best thing I’ve seen on TV in awhile. No affected lighting or music. No false tension. Just a guy in a pair of Dockers being rejected by his coworker. Happens every day. It was captured beautifully.

What’s up with you? How do your brackets look? Duke lost its game to Lehigh so the basketball scene around here is significantly less chaotic than usual. Plus I don’t give a shit about brackets.

Enhanced by ZemantaHave a great week!

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika