RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Cynical Girl: F@%k It Friday: Cover Songs

The Cynical Girl: F@%k It Friday: Cover Songs

Link to The Cynical Girl

F@%k It Friday: Cover Songs

Posted: 09 Aug 2013 03:45 AM PDT

I love cover songs. There should be more!

It started for me back in the 80s when I was a wee lass and heard Naked Eyes sing Always Something There to Remind Me.

It took me years to realize it was a Dionne Warwick, Burt Bacharach and Hal David song.

I really love Vampire Weekend‘s cover of Blurred Lines.

They also covered Fight For This Love. That’s really funny to me, too.

I think my favorite cover song is still Common People. Here is the original.

Now here’s the version by William Shatner.

So much better, yeah? I run to the William Shatner version. That’s true.

What’s your favorite cover song? What’s an abomination?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika