No matter how carefully you plan your goals they will never be more that pipe dreams unless you pursue them with gusto.
--- W. Clement Stone
Good morning! It's nasty weather in New York. There's snow, rain, and sleet. By the late afternoon it should be done, but for the morning, it's terrible. Here's the tech news you need to know today.
1. AOL's sales team was hit with a massive round of layoffs on Friday. Over 150 jobs were cut.
2. The Daily Mail has acquired Elite Daily. It paid between $40 and $50 million for the media company.
3. The CEO of Dropcam has left Nest. Greg Duffy has left the Google-owned company.
4. Apple stock hit a record high on Friday. It was trading above $120.
5. IBM's CEO is getting a $100,000 pay rise. Ginni Rometty's salary is $1.6 million this year.
6. A photo may show a leaked iPad Pro case. It's rumored that a larger, 12-inch iPad is on the way.
7. Jay Z is close to buying his own streaming music service. The rapper has offered to acquire the maker of WiMP and Tidal.
8. Snapchat has launched a webseries. "Literally Can't Even" stars Sasha Spielberg.
9. Vine has launched Vine Kids. It's a version of the app that highlights child-friendly content.
10. A game devised by the creator of The Oatmeal is now Kickstarter's most-backed project. It's about exploding kittens.
Post a Comment