No matter how carefully you plan your goals they will never be more that pipe dreams unless you pursue them with gusto.
--- W. Clement Stone
Good morning! It's a cold day in New York. We're due for some garbage weather this weekend. Here's the tech news you need to know going into the weekend.
1. Twitter beat revenue estimations in its Q4 earnings report. But it had 288 million monthly active users, short of the 295 million expected.
2. We talked to Twitter CEO Dick Costolo after the earnings report. He says you need a thick skin to be CEO.
3. GoPro stock was down 15% after its Q4 earnings report. COO Nina Richardson is leaving.
4. Pandora stock was down over 20% after it missed revenue expectations. Q1 2015 revenue guidance was also looking bad.
5. LinkedIn stock was up 8% after it beat earnings expectations. Revenue was $643 million, above the expected $617 million.
6. SpaceX is going to attempt a historic rocket launch this weekend. The rocket will try landing on an unmanned ship in the ocean.
7. IBM has won a big contract with Marriott. It's going to replace 80% of the hotel chain's outdated technology.
8. Coca-Cola has suspended a Twitter campaign after it was tricked into quoting Mein Kampf. Gawker pranked the automated marketing campaign.
9. Madonna is premiering her new music video on Snapchat. It's part of the new "Discover" section.
10. Apple has launched a new Photos app for Macs. It looks pretty similar to the iOS app.
Post a Comment