RefBan

Referral Banners

Yashi

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Cynical Girl: The Week Ahead

The Cynical Girl: The Week Ahead

Link to The Cynical Girl

The Week Ahead

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 03:45 AM PDT

Bessie the Cow

Happy Sunday, everyone. Did you have a nice weekend? Anything new and fun in your lives? I found this cow at an arcade.

I know. Weird.

*

Did I tell you that I received an email from a coworker who asked me, “Laurie, are you okay? What has happened to you?” I can’t remember if I blogged about it. Apparently, this former coworker of mine just discovered the internets and found my blog. And he’s SHOCKED that I’m so vulgar and in a career death spiral.

It’s cute. I’ve been thinking about his email message all weekend because we often don’t know when our careers are over. We think that we are fully unemployable until one day we look up and say — Jesus, nobody wants to hire me and I’m out-of-touch with the modern day workforce.

Thankfully, I am 100% self-aware about my career. No death spiral here. Other people should be so lucky. Now pass the champagne.

*

I’m working on my blog posts for the week and I really wish I could write about the Latino vote, the big bank payoff in Madrid and how I really feel about Union Rags winning the Belmont Stakes. Instead, I’ll blog about boring HR and work-related stuff.

Thanks (in advance) for sticking around!

No comments:

Yashi

Chitika