No matter how carefully you plan your goals they will never be more that pipe dreams unless you pursue them with gusto.
--- W. Clement Stone
Good morning! The blizzard that was supposed to hit New York City turned out to be a normal snowstorm. Yet, the city is still shut down. Weird. Here's the tech news you need to know.
1. Microsoft had its earnings call last night. Revenue was up 8% from last year, but stock dropped 4% in after-hours trading.
2. It's Apple's earnings today. Analysts are expecting revenue to be up 17% on last year.
3. A British phone carrier may have accidentally revealed the name of the new Samsung phone. "Galaxy S Edge" was found on a website.
4. Facebook, Instagram and Tinder were all down for around 40 minutes this morning. Facebook has denied that it was hacked.
5. WikiLeaks has hit out at Google for waiting over two years to tell the group that it handed their emails to the US government. Google suggested that it was gagged by a court order.
6. Snapchat is launching its Discover feature today. It's going to include multimedia content from well-known brands.
7. Amazon's Tokyo headquarters was raided by police. They were investigating whether the site was being used to sell child pornography.
8. Uber is capping surge pricing in New York. There's a big snow storm.
9. IBM has confirmed that some layoffs are coming. It says the rumor of 100,000 layoffs is off by a factor of more than 10, however.
10. A Turkish court has ordered Facebook to block pages deemed insulting to the Prophet Muhammad. It says that the whole site will be blocked if Facebook doesn't comply.
Post a Comment